Ocean County Election Information
– July 7, 2020 Primary
Ocean County Election Officials have released the following important updates for the 2020 Primary Election as further detailed in Executive Orders #105 and #144 by New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy:
- The new date for the 2020 Primary Election is Tuesday, July 7, 2020
- All active registered Democrats and Republicans will automatically receive a Vote-by-Mail ballot with return postage paid.
- All inactive voters and voters who are NOT affiliated with a political party, will automatically receive an application for a Vote-by-Mail ballot. Unaffiliated voters will need to declare a party on this form in order to receive the appropriate Democrat or Republican ballot in return.
- A reduced number of polling sites will be open on Election Day for those wishing to vote in person by Provisional Ballot and for voters with disabilities who cannot vote a paper ballot. Information on these polling sites will be released in June and voters will be notified by mail of their respective polling site.
- Sample ballots will not be mailed to voters, but information on how to obtain or view a sample ballot will be published www.Oceancountyclerk.com.
Additionally, the following important deadlines apply for the July 7 Primary:
- Residents who wish to register to vote must do so by June 16, 2020. Registration forms are available through the Ocean County Superintendent of Elections at 129 Hooper Ave. in Toms River, 08754-2006.
- Applications for a mail-in ballot must be filled out and returned to the County Clerk by June 30 in order to receive your ballot by mail in time for the Primary Election.
- Mail-in ballots sent by USPS must be postmarked NO LATER THAN JULY 7 and RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JULY 14 by the Board of Elections in order to be processed.
- Voters using a Drop Box MUST DEPOSIT BALLOTS NO LATER THAN 8 pm on ELECTION DAY in order for these ballots to be processed.
DROP BOXES ARE LOCATED AT :
Ocean Brick Municipal Building 401 Chambers Bridge Rd Brick 08723 Drop box is located by the rear entrance 24 hours a day. Open until 8pm on election day.
Ocean County Complex Parking Garage 129 Hooper Ave & Madison St Toms River 08754 3rd Floor, entrance to breezeway 24 hours a day. Open until 8pm on election day.
Ocean OC Southern Resource Center 179 South Main Street Manahawkin 08050 Drop box is located by the front entrance 24 hours a day. Open until 8pm on election day.
Ocean OC Northern Resource Center 225 4th Street Lakewood 08701 Drop box is located by the front entrance 24 hours a day. Open until 8pm on election day.
**This one will be installed on June 22, 2020
Ocean OC Library Manchester Branch 21 Colonia Drive Manchester 08759 Drop box is located by the front entrance 24 hours a day. Open until 8pm on election day.
Ocean County’s election offices are preparing for the July 7th Primary and working diligently to ensure voters and election workers are best protected against the spreading or contracting of Covid-19.
Once voted and either mailed, deposited or delivered, all VBM ballots are then reviewed for counting by the Ocean County Board of Elections. The Board advises voters to follow the instructions provided with their ballot, placing their signature where indicated. For those voters with disabilities who cannot vote a paper ballot, each polling site throughout the county will be equipped with an ADA-compliant, accessible voting machine per federal law. Provisional ballots will be available for all other polling site voters.
Ocean County Election Officials encourage voters to contact the offices shown below with any questions.
Ocean County Board of Elections at (732) 929-2167
Ocean County Clerk at (732) 929-2018